JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, March 09, 2020

Resisting God's will is futile.

"If you are willing, and obey, you shall eat the good things of the land; But if you refuse and resist, you shall be eaten by the sword: for the mouth of the Lord has spoken!" (Isaiah 1: 19 - 20).

Tuesday 10th March, 2020 of the 2nd week of Lent. Our Scripture gift to live by today from Isaiah 1, is sweet music to the ears of everyone who believes that God is truly Abba, Daddy and desires our best.

One of the great insights I received in recent years is that it is futile to resist the will of God. Imagine if your doctors tell you that you have less than 3 months to live. You storm out of the office shouting: "I will not die. I will never die. You are liars. Fake news!" What difference does your childish tantrum make? It is like resisting God's will. My friend, it profits nothing.

The Scriptures teach that God's will is just, holy, gracious. Yet many occasions, for us spiritually blind mortals, God's will is mysterious. Mysterious or not, the holy teaching Church instructs us to embrace it always, everywhere and in everything. I am working on this and the effort has brought me much joy.

"I will recount all your wonders.
I will rejoice in you and be glad,
and sing psalms to your name, O Most High." (Psalm 9: 2 - 3).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2