JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

The Solemnity of the Annunciation.


"Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.” (Luke 1: 38).

Wednesday 25th March 2020 is the Solemnity of Annunciation of the Lord. The Archangel Gabriel declared to the young Virgin Mary:
“Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.  Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus." (Luke 1: 30 - 31).

In this scene, Mary is the representative of humanity. Her Yes to God is the beginning of our salvation history, the beginning of the Church. Her Obedience of Faith is the standard God expects of all of us.
"I am the handmaid of the Lord... Could be a prayer all of us can use:
"MY LORD I TRUST IN YOU.
I SURRENDER MYSELF TO YOU COMPLETELY.
TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING YOUR WAY."

This is the heart of Marian spirituality: TRUST. OBEDIENCE. SURRENDER.

Behold I embrace Your gracious and mysterious will always, everywhere and in everything.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2