JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, March 30, 2020

I live to please My Father.


"The one who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I always do what is pleasing to him.” (John 8: 29).

Tuesday 31st March 2020 of the 5th week of Lent. Can you believe this is the end of March, end of the 1st quarter of 2020? The ides of March may have come but has not passed.

In the Gospel of today, the Jews asked Jesus a point blank question: "Who are you?" Jesus ties Himself to the Father in the answers He gave them. The one I like most is this: "I always do what is pleasing to him. [Abba Father]” How about you my friend? Whom do you always want to please? Your wife, husband, child, boss, the president? Who do you fear most to displease?

"I believe in the Communion of the Saints." Who are the saints? The saints are our brothers and sisters who have ran the race we are running and experienced the abundant life [life in the Spirit] here on earth by imitating Jesus in pleasing the Father in everything. Now they are enjoying their reward in the fullness of the Kingdom of God where they continue pleasing the Father by continuous praise and worship.

Lent is the time to pray for grace to realize that the Kingdom of God is already here among us. If you are not enjoying it now says St Catherine of Siena, it is wishful thinking to believe that when your eyes are closed in death, you will.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2