JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, May 22, 2020

God's faithful promises are my armor and protection.

"Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.  Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete." (John 16: 23 - 24).

Saturday 23rd May 2020, 6th Week in the Easter Season.

Today in the Last Supper Discourse, Jesus touched the subject of Prayer in the strongest and most persuasive language. "Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.  Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete."

Do you believe that God answers prayers? We all affirm that God is true and faithful. Why then do we doubt Him when it comes to prayer? I discovered this Scripture a couple of weeks ago about God's trustworthiness: "God's faithful promises are my armor and protection." (Psalm 91: 4). Armor and protection mean the same thing. Scripture is using double equivalent words to describe God's faithfulness.

The most amazing thing to discover in religion is that God is true and faithful and He answers prayer. If your nine-year old son asks you for a big Harley Davidson Superbike for a birthday gift, how do you respond?  God our Father knows exactly what we need and when we need it. God answers prayers. Ask and keep asking. If you ask for something that would harm you, expect a No.

I will trust in God's faithfulness forever and ever.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2