JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

The Feast of St Mary Magdalene.

"I will seek Him whom my heart loves." (Songs of Solomon 3:2).

Wednesday 22nd July 2020, 16th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Mary Magdalene. Jewish. One of the hand full of women who followed Jesus as He tramped everywhere preaching the Gospel. These women took care of the welfare of Jesus and His Apostles from their purse. But Mary Magdalene was unique and exceptional among these ladies. Jesus healed her of demonic possession and Mary could not forget this favor all her life.

The Church chooses appropriately the Songs of Solomon 3: 1 - 4 as the first Reading for her Liturgy today. The Songs of Solomon is an intimate love diary. Mary is characterized as she who says: "I will seek Him whom my heart loves."

Mary Magdalene trekked the Via Dolorosa with the other Mary, the Virgin Mother of Jesus. Both women stood under the Cross and watched Jesus die slowly. While the Blessed Virgin Mary did not hurry to the tomb on Easter Sunday because she heard and believed what her Son said about "rising from the dead on the third day," Mary of Magdala hurried to the tomb. She became the first human being to see the Risen Jesus. This is how St Mary Magdalene became the "Apostle to the Apostles."
"Go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and then reported what he told her." (John 20: 17 - 18).

Mary Magdalene is my patron saint. She reminds me of all the good things that Jesus has done for me and is doing for me every day and why I should seek and follow Him everywhere and love Him passionately. Mary Magdalene pray for us.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2