JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, November 06, 2021

The Widow trusts God’s Providence.

"He [Jesus] sat down opposite the treasury and observed how the crowd put money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow also came and put in two small coins worth a few cents. Calling his disciples to himself, he said to them, “Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the other contributors to the treasury. For they have all contributed from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has contributed all she had, her whole livelihood.”  (Mark 12: 38.... 44).

Sunday 7th November 2021 in the 32nd Week in Ordinary Time.

Our key Scripture, the Widow's Mite and the first Reading from first Book of Kings teach us lessons on how to give to God.

Before you give, know that God owns everything and needs absolutely nothing. Giving to God actually is a test of how much you trust God. Then consider all that God has given for you: life, health, family, job, food, etc.
Then respond to what your heart tells you knowing that you can not out do God in generosity.

"The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want. Fresh and green are the pastures where he gives me repose, near restful waters he leads me." (Psalm 23:1 - 2).

"So much time and energy is wasted in futile worrying and in endless discussions about what is needed and how to go about getting it. Simply present your needs to Me with a trusting heart and I will show you that I am a lavish provider for those who let Me take charge of their needs. The obstinate desire to control all things and to obtain by purely human means the things necessary to My work is an affront both to My merciful love and to My infinite generosity. Has this not been My message all through sacred history: “Trust Me, and you shall see wonders”?  (IN SINU JESU, Tuesday, February 3, 2009).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2