JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, February 26, 2022

A good tree must bear good fruit.

THE SHOEMAKER WILL MAKE SHOES. THE TAILOR WILL MAKE CLOTHES. THE PRIEST WILL MAKE SACRIFICES. A GOOD TREE WILL BEAR GOOD FRUITS.

“A good tree does not bear rotten fruit, nor does a rotten tree bear good fruit. For every tree is known by its own fruit. For people do not pick figs from thornbushes, nor do they gather grapes from brambles." (Luke 6: 39... 45).

Sunday 27th February 2022 in the 8th Week of Ordinary Time.

Everyone will like to bear good fruit and bearing good fruit is what the Christian life is all about. When I think about bearing good fruit for Jesus, I am encouraged by what Jesus teaches: Without Me, you can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. (Cf John 15: 5). So I become a beggar. "Jesus, you know that without You, I can do absolutely nothing. Help me please! I want to bear good fruit for You."

Remain in Me if you want to bear good fruit. "Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me will be thrown out like a branch and wither; people will gather them and throw them into a fire and they will be burned." (John 15: 5 - 6).

How do we remain in Jesus to bear good and great fruit? How did St Teresa of Kolkata, Mother Angelica of EWTN, Fulton Sheen, etc remain in Jesus and bore good and lasting fruits?
They prayed a lot. They received Holy Communion every day. They go to frequent Confession. Although none of them was a Scripture scholar, they knew the Bible well because they live in the Bible. In one word, they loved Jesus and showed it.

Now that you know this, do the same and you will be blessed.

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2