JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Whoever believes in. Me will have light in him.

TO LIVE AS I BELIEVE IS TO LIVE NOT ACCORDING TO WHAT I SEE OR FEEL BUT TO LIVE IN THE LIGHT OF FAITH, THAT IS, IN THE LIGHT OF THE WORD OF GOD AND PROMISES OF GOD.

"Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me believes not only in me but also in the one who sent me, and whoever sees me sees the one who sent me. I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness. And if anyone hears my words and does not observe them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save the world." (John 12: 44....50).

In our key Scripture for today, Jesus says that He came into the world as light. What does Jesus mean? The Easter Vigil Liturgy helped me to understand our key Scripture for today.

The Easter Vigil Service starts at sunset outside the Church. The congregation stand around a huge fire of burning wood. After prayers, the Priest lights the new Pascal Candle and Deacon carries the Candle and leads the congregation into the dark Church.

The Church is in darkness. The only light comes from the Pascal Candle. The Pascal Candle signifies Christ as the Light coming into a dark world. The gathered Church lights their candles from the Pascal Candle.  Soon the whole Sanctuary is lit up from hundreds of candles.

Through faith, we understand the meaning of the Easter Vigil ceremony. Without faith, the whole ceremony may appear strange.

Those who believe and trust Jesus are no longer in the dark with regard to the critical and existential questions of life: origin of life and the world, life and death, poverty and wealth, divine providence, racial diversity, eternal life, etc.
The light of Christ brought us knowledge of the Trinity, the Three Persons in One God. The meaning of the life and death of Jesus. The Sacraments, Communion of Saints, the role of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the economy of salvation and so forth.

The carnal man with his 20/20 vision and all the scientific knowledge at his disposal does not understand 0.001% of the physical world and nothing at all of the spiritual domain. And yet, he thinks he knows everything.

"I am the light of the world, says the Lord; whoever follows me will have the light of life." (Cf John 8: 12).

5. 11. "O sinner, be not discouraged, but have recourse to Mary in all your necessities. Call her to your assistance, for such is the divine Will that she should help in every kind of necessity." (St Basil the Great).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2