JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, May 16, 2022

You need My Peace.

IF WHAT JESUS TEACHES ABOUT EATING HIS FLESH AND DRINKING HIS BODY IS TRUE, WHAT MUST YOU DO? IF YOU FIND OUT THAT THE CHURCH BELIEVES & HAS AFFIRMED THIS TRUTH FOR OVER 2000 YEARS, WHAT MUST YOU DO?
IT IS RIDICULOUS TO EXTREME TO REMAIN UNMOVED.

"Jesus said to his disciples: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid. You heard me tell you, ‘I am going away and I will come back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father; for the Father is greater than I. And now I have told you this before it happens, so that when it happens you may believe. " (John 1 4: 27.... 31).

Tuesday 17th May 2022, in the 5th Week of Easter.

The Gospel for today is a practical solution to the problem of fear, worry and doubt. Jesus gave this comforting message the night before His death. He was leaving His disciples a farewell Gift. Not a huge bank account or a sprawling real estate in the city center. But PEACE!

Jesus calls this Gift "My Peace." This is true because Scripture calls Jesus "our Peace." He is also the Prince of Peace. We are talking here about perfect peace. First let us see what the Peace of Christ is not. It is not Pax Romana, the peace imposed on a conquered nation by force by the conqueror. It is not the peace of a welfare state. It is not the peace you feel if you are in good health, the kids are behaving and your 401K is fantastic.

The peace that Jesus bequeaths to Christians is His own peace. Peace in the midst of crisis because you know who your Security is. The world does not know this peace and cannot know it until they bend their knees to Jesus. This peace is supreme remedy for fears, worries and doubts.

The most perfect health, marriage, finance, job, tools goes  through its periods of trial and uncertainty.  The aftermath of these Times and Seasons is a growing confidence that God is always in control. His mighty, merciful and mysterious Providence is working out all things for our good.

The Peace of Christ is real. It is for us Christians. Claim it. It banishes fear.

5. 17. "Even if the grave sins of men provoke God’s justice and merit his just punishments, we must not forget that he is the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, that he has appointed Mary most holy as the generous steward of his merciful gifts."  (Saint Paul VI).

Daily Bible Verse SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2