JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

They interceded with Jesus to heal Simon's mother-in-law.

WHAT IS INTERCESSION?
DICTIONARY DEFINES IT AS THE ACTION OF INTERVENING ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER. THE ACTION OF SAYING A PRAYER ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER PERSON.

"After Jesus left the synagogue, he entered the house of Simon. Simon’s mother-in-law was afflicted with a severe fever, and they interceded with him about her. He stood over her, rebuked the fever, and it left her. She got up immediately and waited on them.

"At sunset, all who had people sick with various diseases brought them to him. He laid his hands on each of them and cured them. And demons also came out from many, shouting, “You are the Son of God.” But he rebuked them and did not allow them to speak because they knew that he was the Christ." (Luke 4: 38...44).

Wednesday August 31st of the 22nd Week of Ordinary Time.

Simon Peter, his family and other disciples interceded with Jesus to heal his mother-in-law. Jesus stood over her, rebuked the fever, and it left her.

Why do we not intercede more often with Jesus to heal our loved ones and friends?

On the same day at sunset, "all who had people sick with various diseases brought them to him. He laid his hands on each of them and cured them. And demons also came out from many, shouting, “You are the Son of God.” But he rebuked them and did not allow them to speak because they knew that he was the Christ."

Some of the sick Jesus healed include demon possessed people. Jesus cast out the demons. When was the last time you interceded with Jesus with expectant faith to heal physical, spiritual, emotional or financial maladies of a loved one or friend?

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11: 28 - 30).

"I am Jesus. Mine it is to save, to heal, to vivify, and to make lovely in the sight of My Father the souls that consent to the operations of My mercy and to the secret action of the Holy Spirit. When you speak to My priests, remind them of the power and efficacy of a single act of confidence in My merciful love. Confidence opens the door to all the treasures of My kingdom. To one who has confidence in My merciful love, I can refuse nothing." (IN SINU JESU page 105).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2