JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, September 11, 2022

The Feast of the Most Holy Name of Mary.

"HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE...
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD..."
ONLY SHE WHO IS FULL OF GRACE CAN BECOME THE THEOTOKOS.

"When Jesus had finished all his words to the people, he entered Capernaum. A centurion there had a slave who was ill and about to die, and he was valuable to him. When he heard about Jesus, he sent elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and save the life of his slave.

"They approached Jesus and strongly urged him to come, saying, “He deserves to have you do this for him, for he loves our nation and he built the synagogue for us.”

"And Jesus went with them, but when he was only a short distance from the house, the centurion sent friends to tell him, “Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof. Therefore, I did not consider myself worthy to come to you; but say the word and let my servant be healed. For I too am a person subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come here,’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

"When Jesus heard this he was amazed at him and, turning, said to the crowd following him, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.” When the messengers returned to the house, they found the slave in good health.." (Luke 7: 1 - 10).

Monday 12th September 2022 of the 24th Week of Ordinary Time is the feast of the Most Holy Name of Mary.

Almost back to back on the celebration of the Birthday of Mary (September 8th) is the feast of her Most Holy Name. The Church in her teaching authority interpretes for us the role of Mary in the economy of salvation. Here is what the Church teaches about the feast of today, the Most Holy Name of Mary:

"God the Father is glorified by the exalted role in salvation of the Blessed Virgin Mary." Thus her name is a name of honor, to be venerated and called upon with filial trust and devotion." (Roman Missal).

We read of the amazing and enviable faith of the Roman Centurion in the Gospel of today.
Do you recognize where you hear our key Scripture for today?
"Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof. Therefore, I did not consider myself worthy to come to you; but say the word and let my servant be healed."
Of course at the Mass before Holy
Communion. These are the extraordinary affirmation of faith of the Centurion that astonished Jesus. These words are part of the Liturgy of the Holy Eucharist used worldwide.

When Jesus heard the centurion say this, He was amazed at him and, turning, said to the crowd following him, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.” When the messengers returned to the house, they found the slave in good health.

Jesus is always amazed when He encounters strong faith in people. “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish,” Jesus exclaimed to the Canaanite Woman.  "And her daughter was healed from that hour." (Cf Matthew 15: 21 - 28).

The Roman Centurion and the Canaanite Woman were foreigners and outsiders to historic religion of Israel. They provided us examples to imitate on Faith.

Our faith grows through prayers. "Lord increase our faith." The Apostles pleaded. The fruit of prayer is faith teaches St Teresa of Kolkata. Reading and meditating on the word of God increases our faith. God exists in His word and the sacred text affords us countless opportunities to affirm our faith: "Amen. Amen."

"Above all, I renew for you the words I uttered for Saint John from the Cross: “Behold your Mother.” Live in her presence. Honour her at every occasion and in every way possible. Every time you show love and devotion to My most holy Mother, you honour the words I spoke from the Cross, and you put them into practice. “Behold your Mother.” She desires nothing more than to look after you, just as if you were her only son. Her attention for you is not divided, nor is it in any way impaired by the attention she gives to the vast multitude of her children through the ages. Trust in her care for you. Pray her Rosary. Honour her as you have been doing." (IN SINU JESU, Thursday, January 31, 2008).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2