JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, November 13, 2022

Bartimaeus, a story of incredible persistence and audacity.

Man's extremity is God's opportunity.  Man's security is Satan's opportunity.
Bartimaeus got back his sight and became a disciple of Jesus.

"As Jesus approached Jericho a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging, and hearing a crowd going by, he inquired what was happening.

"They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.”

"He shouted, “Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me!”

"The people walking in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent, but he kept calling out all the more, “Son of David, have pity on me!”

"Then Jesus stopped and ordered that he be brought to him; and when he came near, Jesus asked him,

“What do you want me to do for you?” He replied,

“Lord, please let me see.”

Jesus told him, “Have sight; your faith has saved you.”

"He immediately received his sight and followed him, giving glory to God. When they saw this, all the people gave praise to God." (Luke 18: 35 - 43).

Monday November 14th 2022 of the 33rd week of Ordinary Time.

The Gospel of St Mark identifies the blind man as Bartimaeus.  Bartimaeus blind and without sight represents a person without faith. Bartimaeus with his sight restored is the type of person who has come to believe. Bartimaeus wanted his sight so badly that he shouted above the noise of the crowd trying to silence him. “Son of David, have pity on me!”

What incredible faith, persistence and audacity. The Bible teaches that audacity of faith pays off every time. (Cf Hebrews 11).

Jesus ignored the crowd trying to shout down Bartimaeus. He stopped and ordered that he be brought to him.
“What do you want me to do for you?” He replied, “Lord, please let me see.” Jesus told him, “Have sight; your faith has saved you.”

Bartimaeus immediately received his sight and followed Jesus, giving glory to God. You too can receive anything you ask for with faith.

"Faith in this mystery of the Most Holy Eucharist grows in proportion to the time one gives Me in adoration. It is not enough that My priests should celebrate Holy Mass daily, even correctly and devoutly, if they do not approach Me and remain with Me, who wait for them in the Sacrament of My love. Nothing can replace the intimate experience of My Eucharistic friendship—and this is the experience that I offer to you and to all who seek My Eucharistic Face, all who offer a sacrifice of time to My Eucharistic Heart." (IN SINU JESU, Saturday, October 25, 2008).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2