JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, November 27, 2022

The Amazing Faith of the Roman Soldier.

"Mark the season of Advent by loving and serving others with God’s own love and concern."
(Saint Mother Teresa of Kolkata).

"When Jesus entered Caper­naum, a centurion ap­proa­ch­ed him and appealed to him, saying,

“Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully.”

"Jesus said to him, “I will come and cure him.”

"The centurion said in reply, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed. For I too am a man subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come here,’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

"When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those ­following him, “Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith. I say to you, many will come from the east and the west, and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the banquet in the Kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 8: 5 - 11).

Why does Jesus praise the faith of the Centurion?  Faith is a rare commodity and one of the greatest gifts of God.  The opposite of faith is Unbelief and Doubt.

How does faith work?  Jesus said to the Centurion:  “I will come and cure him.” The Centurion heard this and believed.  The faith of the Centurion is much deeper.  He said to Jesus: 'No need to come to my house.  Just heal my servant with a word said right here, right now.'

How does Faith work?

Faith comes from hearing and believing the promises of God.  As you obey the Divine Word or Command your faith  grows.

Here are 7 examples of Faith from the Gospels to reflect on this Advent:

1. The Blessed Virgin Mary at the Annunciation.
2. The shepherds at the Nativity.
3. The 3 Magi at the Hut of the Holy Family.
4. Simeon and Anna at the Presentation.
5. The Calling of Matthew and Zacchaeus.
6. The Good Thief at the Crucifixion.
7. The Roman Soldier at the Crucifixion.

What is the common factor in all these 7 cases?
They heard. They saw. They believe.

Happy Advent!

"Why do you think I have spoken to you so often of My Eucharistic Face? It is because “face” signifies “presence.” The devotion to My Eucharistic Face is the remedy to the loss of faith in My real presence that has swept through My Church at every level, extinguishing the fire of Eucharistic charity and causing even My elect, My priests, to grow cold and distant from Me. This is My word to you tonight and this is why I brought you to this place. Any loneliness you may feel is an invitation to seek Me out in the Sacrament of My divine friendship and to console My Eucharistic Heart." (IN SINU JESU, Sunday, October 19, 2008 Saint Paul of the Cross).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2