JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, January 13, 2023

Divine Providence in the Choice and Call of Matthew the Apostle and Evangelist.

The Choice, Call and Anointing of St Matthew the Apostle and Evangelist is a good example in the workings of Divine Providence.

"Jesus went out along the sea. All the crowd came to him and he taught them.

"As he passed by, he saw Levi, son of Alphaeus, sitting at the customs post. Jesus said to him, “Follow me.” And he got up and followed Jesus.

"While he was at table in his house, many tax collectors and sinners sat with Jesus and his disciples; for there were many who followed him.

"Some scribes who were Pharisees saw that Jesus was eating with sinners and tax collectors and said to his disciples, “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

"Jesus heard this and said to them, “Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do. I did not come to call the righteous but sinners.” (Mark 2: 13 - 17).

Saturday 14 January 2023 of the 1st Week in Ordinary Time.

The Pharisees were scandalized to see Jesus in table fellowship with a large group of sinners, tax collectors and prostitutes. The Pharisees not known to hold back their judgment on moral failure were quick to pass judgment and condemn Jesus. There are a number of teaching points in this situation, but let us  consider the workings of Divine Providence.

Our life in Christ is never about what we do or are doing at any time. It is about what Jesus is doing in us. I learned this great truth in the last Week of Advent 2022. There was a long preparation in study and prayer before this truth sank in. Many thanks to the
Eucharistic theology of the Benedictines. They teach: 
After Holy Communion, SHUT UP and give Jesus the opportunity to do all He cares to do in you. It is Jesus in you through the Eucharistic species that wants to transform you.

The first application of this insight is the way I record my daily Journal. Before this point, my daily Journal records the highlights of the day. Example: I attended the noon Mass at St John, I bought fruits at Aldi. I received from Mary TRUSTING GOD IN THE PRESENT by Father Jacques Philippe. It goes on and on day after day. I I I I and I.

What changed at the end of Advent?

Everything I experienced in the course of the day is the ACTION of Jesus on me. Example: Jesus led me St John for the noon Mass. He made me experience a happy moment at Aldi where I got fresh fruits, etc.

My daily Journal is the daily record of what God is doing in my life. No longer IIIIII...

Our Gospel of today is the Choice and Call of Matthew also known as Levi.
"As he passed by, he saw Levi, son of Alphaeus, sitting at the customs post. Jesus said to him, “Follow me.” And he got up and followed Jesus." The initiative and action is Always by Jesus.  
This is Divine Providence in action Not Chance.

Jesus has shown and said that He is not ashamed to call us His brothers and sisters. He knows who we are and the stuff of which we are made. Remember the Genealogy of Jesus Christ Son of David? That's the whole point. He came to redeem and save His kith and kin.

If Jesus is not ashamed to call you His brother and sister. Do not be ashamed to call Him your Lord.

I live by the promises of Jesus. Jesus expects me to trust His Promises, His Providence, Plan, Purpose, Design, Blueprint for my life.  I am learning to do this one event, one place at a time. It is an exciting learning experience. St Matthew, Apostle, Evangelist and Recorder aid me with your intercession.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2