JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, January 28, 2023

HE chose me.

Why does God choose the weak and poor of the world? Moses, David, Abraham Lincoln, Cyrus, Barack Obama, Popes Benedict and Francis?

"Consider your own calling, brothers and sisters.

"Not many of you were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth.

"Rather, God chose the foolish of the world to shame the wise, and God chose the weak of the world to shame the strong, and God chose the lowly and despised of the world, those who count for nothing, to reduce to nothing those who are something, so that no human being might boast before God.

"It is due to him that you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, as well as righteousness, sanctification, and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Whoever boasts, should boast in the Lord.” (I Corinthians 1: 26 - 31).

Sunday January 29th 2023 of the 4th week in Ordinary Time.

Brethren, our reflection this Sunday comes from First Corinthians 1: 26 - 31.

We know that as the Baptized, we are the Chosen, Called and Anointed. We are called to be the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ. We are called to be priest, prince and prophet. From this same call, you become the salt and light of the world.

But who am I to be called and elevated to so high a pedestal? I have less than a great education. I have next to zero pedigree. I don't consider myself to be a physically strong person. Yet, Christ Jesus chose me, called me and anointed me and I was transformed. I believe and I know that I can do all things because of Jesus Christ who empowers me.
You too my dear friend can claim this truth without hesitation.

Blessed are the poor in spirit.
Rejoice and be glad; your reward will be great in heaven.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2