JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Feast of Pope St John XXIII.

Feast of Pope St John XXIII. 

"Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray just as John taught his disciples.”

"He said to them, “When you pray, say:


"Father, hallowed be your name, your Kingdom come.


"Give us each day our daily bread. 


"And forgive us our sins for we ourselves forgive everyone in debt to us. 


"And do not subject us to the final test.” (Luke 11: 1 - 4).


Wednesday 11th October 2023 of the 27th Week of Ordinary Time is the feast of Pope St John XXIII. (1881 - 1963). Italian. Pontiff.

Pope St John XXIII convened the Second Vatican Council which transformed the Church. He wrote the popular encyclical Pacem in Terris (Peace on Earth). He was a humble and well beloved Pope and was popularly called the Good Pope. I like very much this quote below from him:


"Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but what is still possible for you to do." (Pope St John XXIII).


In the Gospel of today: Luke 11: 1 - 4, the disciples asked Jesus to teach them how to pray. 

“Lord, teach us to pray just as John taught his disciples.”


At the very heart of the the Lord's Prayer or Our Father is the personality of Abba Father. Who is Abba Father? Find out below:


#1 My Father in Heaven, how good it is to know that You are my Father and that I am Your Child!

Especially when the skies of my soul are cloudy and my cross weighs more heavily, I feel the need to repeat to You:  Father, I believe in Your love for me.


#2.  Yes, I believe that You are a Father to me at every moment of my life, and that I am Your Child!

I believe that You love me with an infinite love!


#3.  I believe that You are watching over me night and day and that not a hair falls from my head without Your permission!


#4.  I believe that, in Your infinite Wisdom, You know better than I what is good for me.

I believe that, in Your infinite power, You can bring good even out of evil. 


#5.  I believe that, in your infinite goodness, You make everything to the advantage of those who love You:  even under the hands of those who strike me, I kiss Your hand which heals!


#5a I believe, but increase in me faith, hope, and love!

Teach me always to see Your love as my guide in every event in my life.


#6.  Teach me to surrender myself to You like a baby in its mother’s arms.

Father, You know everything, You see everything, and You know me better than I know myself:  You can do everything, and You love me!  


#7.  Give me the light, the grace, and the power of the Holy Spirit!

Strengthen me in this Spirit, that I may never lose Him, never sadden Him, and never allow Him to become weaker in me. 


#8.  My Father, I ask this in the name of Jesus, Your Son! And you, Jesus, open Your Heart and place in it my own, and, together with Mary’s, offer it to our Divine Father!  Obtain for me the grace that I need!


#9.  Divine Father, call all men to Yourself.  Let all the world proclaim Your Fatherly Goodness and Your Divine Mercy!


#10.  Be a tender Father to me and protect me wherever I am, like the apple of Your eye.  Make me always a worthy son.  Have mercy on me!


#11.  Divine Father, sweet hope of our souls, may You be known, honored, and loved by all men!

Divine Father, infinite goodness poured out on all peoples, may You be known, honored, and loved by all men!


#12.  Divine Father, beneficent dew of humanity, may You be known, honored and loved by all men!


October: Holy Rosary Month. 


"O Mary of the Rosary, keep me recollected when I say these prayers of yours; bind me forever, with your rosary, to Jesus of the Blessed Sacrament. Blessed be Jesus, my love." (Pope St John XXIII). 


For Prayers, Consecration, Litany, Testimony of Jesus about those who pray the Rosary, click the link below:


https://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2023/09/october-devotion-to-holy-rosary.html?m=1


Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2