JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, October 20, 2023

The Holy Spirit will teach you what to say.

The Holy Spirit will teach you what to say. 

"Jesus said to his disciples: 

“I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before others the Son of Man will acknowledge before the angels of God.

"But whoever denies me before others will be denied before the angels of God.

“Everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

"When they take you before synagogues and before rulers and authorities, do not worry about how or what your defense will be or about what you are to say. For the Holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you should say.” (Luke 12: 8 - 12).

Saturday October 21st 2023, 28th Week in Ordinary Time.

My personal favorite title for the Holy Spirit is "The Voice that Speaks in Court."  This is because of my experience of the fulfillment of this promise. The Holy Spirit has enabled me to speak with wisdom and courage when I was in a tight corner and needed these gifts most.

I have always loved the key Scripture for today. "When they take you before synagogues and before rulers and authorities, do not worry about how or what your defense will be or about what you are to say. For the Holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you should say.”

Do you believe this to be true? Yes. I believe it to be true because I have experienced the truth several times. The Lord has been by my side and given me wisdom words to say when I was in most need of such counsels. I have been full of amazement and have never forgotten the experience. 

Here is one of the great maxims of St Teresa of Avila. 

"Let nothing trouble you,

let nothing frighten you.

All things are passing;

God never changes.

Patience obtains all things.

He who possesses God lacks nothing: God alone suffices."  (St Teresa of Avila). 

October is the Holy Rosary Month. 

"The Rosary is a prayer that always accompanies me; it is also the prayer of the ordinary people and the saints... it is a prayer from my heart." - Pope Francis. 

"Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, pray for us." 

Say the Holy Rosary every day in October. 

"Allow Me to speak words of peace to your soul. Trust Me in all things. Trust that I will not abandon you, nor will I deprive you of My friendship. My desire is to hold conversation with you, to speak to you, as I have often said, heart to heart, as a man converses with his best friend. Why do you doubt? Believe in My friendship for you. It is My gift to you, and I will not withdraw what I have given you out of the love of My Heart." (IN SINU JESU, Thursday, October 17, 2008 Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque." 

https://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2023/09/october-devotion-to-holy-rosary.html?m=1

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2