JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

THE LORD IS FAITHFUL TO ALL HIS PROMISES.

THE LORD REMEMBERS HIS COVENANT FOREVER. 

"When Abram prostrated himself, God spoke to him:

“My covenant with you is this:


"you are to become the father of a host of nations. No longer shall you be called Abram; your name shall be Abraham, for I am making you the father of a host of nations. 

"I will render you exceedingly fertile; I will make nations of you; kings shall stem from you. 


"I will maintain my covenant with you and your descendants after you throughout the ages as an everlasting pact, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.


"I will give to you and to your descendants after you the land in which you are now staying, the whole land of Canaan, as a permanent possession; and I will be their God.”

"God also said to Abraham: “On your part, you and your descendants after you must keep my covenant throughout the ages.” (Genesis 17: 3 - 9).


Thursday 21st March 2024 in the 5th Week in Lent. 

God made a Covenant (Great Promises) to Abraham in the first Reading, Genesis 17: 3 - 9.


What caught my attention is the Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 105.

"The Lord remembers his covenant for ever." 


Has the Lord made any Covenants with me? I checked my Timeline and the landmarks of my life. I found to my amazement that the Lord has made numerous promises to me and all the promises have been fulfilled except what I label the greatest. This word was given 15 years ago. Each anniversary of the word, I remind the Lord of the word. The last anniversary was some months ago. When I reminded the Lord, I got this message. "For your peace, the word is a promise." Alleluia! God is faithful and is committed to fulfill ALL His Promises. 

Has the Lord made you any promises? Did you write it down? Do you water the promise with faith-filled prayers? 


The Lord promised to Abraham: I shall be your God. 

I will use this promise in times of trial: Father, be a God to me. Help me to be a better son to you. 



THE CHURCH HONORS ST JOSEPH IN MARCH. 


St Joseph is the man chosen by God to be the foster father and guardian of Jesus.


For Prayers and Prayer intentions click the link:


http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2023/05/devotion-to-st-joseph.html?m=1


+++++++++++++++++++++++

Daily Bible Verse @ 

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2