JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, April 02, 2024

SILVER OR GOLD I DO NOT HAVE!

SILVER OR GOLD I DO NOT HAVE. 

"Peter and John were going up to the temple area for the three o’clock hour of prayer.

"And a man crippled from birth was carried and placed at the gate of the temple called “the Beautiful Gate” every day to beg for alms from the people who entered the temple. 

"When he saw Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked for alms. But Peter looked intently at him, as did John, and said, “Look at us.”

"He paid attention to them, expecting to receive something from them. Peter said, “I have neither silver nor gold, but what I do have I give you: in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazorean, rise and walk.”

"Then Peter took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles grew strong. He leaped up, stood, and walked around, and went into the temple with them, walking and jumping and praising God.

"When all the people saw him walking and praising God, they recognized him as the one who used to sit begging at the Beautiful Gate of the temple, and they were filled with amazement and astonishment at what had happened to him." (Acts 3: 1 - 10).


Easter Wednesday April 3, 2024 in the Octave of Easter. 


I am inspired to reflect on the key Scripture below:

"Peter said, “I have neither silver nor gold, but what I do have I give you: in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazorean, rise and walk.”


My testimony with silver or gold is this: I have known from my youth that I am not excited by silver or gold. God the Giver of all good gifts did not favor me with silver or gold. Instead He gave me an inquisitive mind especially with regard to eternal truths. 

I am most happy in searching for useful facts and information and sharing them freely with people who may need them. 


I recognize that some people prefer I give them money rather than information they can use. I became ashamed when I could not. Then the Holy Spirit opened my mind to Acts 3: 1 - 10. 

I became thankful with all the gifts God has given me. I envy no one their gifts of gold and silver. 

Our Gospel today (Luke 24: 13 - 35) contains a great revelation. I call it: 

THE FULL TRUTH ABOUT THE GOSPEL. 


SIN, SUFFERING, SALVATION are intertwined. Sin causes suffering. Suffering creates the condition for Salvation.

"And he[Jesus] said to them,  

“Oh, how foolish you are! How slow of heart to believe all that the prophets spoke! Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?” Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them what referred to him in all the Scriptures."


The Church learns more and honors the HOLY EUCHARIST in APRIL. 

For Teachings, Prayers and Prayer intentions click the link:



http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2024/03/the-holy-eucharist_31.html?m=1


+++++++++++++++++++++++

Daily Bible Verse @ 

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com

SeekFirstcommunity


No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2