JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Lifting up

Lifting up

“And when I am lifted up from the earth, I shall draw all men to myself.”  (John 12: 32)

Christ promises to draw all men to himself when he is lifted up.  His crucifixion, resurrection and ascension into heaven complete the work of salvation of mankind.  This is the meaning of the “lifting up.”

It is Christ that draws me to himself.  The attraction I have for him and my love for him are his gifts to me.  When Christ was lifted up, he sent the Holy Spirit whose work is to draw all men to Christ.

The Pulpit Commentary writes that “Christ declared that the attraction of the cross would be mightier than all the fascination of the prince of this world.”

O Holy Spirit, draw us closer to Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2