JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, February 24, 2006

Troubled Waters

Troubled Waters

“Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God still, and trust in me.  there are many rooms in my Father’s house; if there were not, I should have told you.” (John 14: 1 – 2).

In 1996, when I reflected on the above scripture, I wrote in my journal:
“This is a very appropriate scripture for my mood now.  My heart is troubled by many things.  Last night, I slept very little; my body was raked by fever and I was disturbed by mosquitoes.  Blessing informed me before I went to bed that there was nothing to eat in the house.  Money is running low.  The car is immobilized in the drive way.  I have no job.  Despite all these, Jesus is saying to me: “Do not let your heart be troubled.”  O Holy Spirit, how do I remain calm in these troubled waters?  If I trust Jesus, should I not trust his words?  If Jesus who sees my situation clearer than myself , tells me to be calm and not to worry, I should believe him.  I realize that there are two voices speaking to me at this moment:  the evil one trying to paint a lurid and hopeless picture of my situation and Jesus whose instructions are clear and simple – “Do not let your heart be troubled.  Trust in God still, and trust in me.”  Trust in God’s disposal of events.

As I reflect on the above journal entry in 2006, ten years later, I thank the Lord for his faithfulness.  I survived the hardship of the period.  On the other hand, I marveled that I am able to forget such incidents.  How much comfort I would have in troubled times if I remember such incidents?

O Holy Spirit, recall to my mind memories of God’s wonderful deeds in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2