JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Enterprise

The Enterprise

“If this enterprise, this movement of theirs, is of human origin it will break up of its own accord; but if it does in fact come from God you will not only be unable to destroy them.  Take care not to find yourselves fighting against God...”  (Acts 5: 38)  - New Jerusalem Bible.

“If what they have planned and done is of human origin, it will disappear, but if it comes from God, you cannot possibly defeat them.  You could find yourselves fighting against God.”  - Good News Bible.

“If this plan or this undertaking is of human origin, it will fail; but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them – in that case you may even be found fighting against God!” – New Revised Standard Version.


“For it what is being planned and done is human in origin, it will collapse; but if it is from God, you will never be able to stamp it out, and you risk finding yourselves at war with God.”  - Revised English Bible.

“For if this endeavor or this activity is of human origin, it will destroy itself.  But if it comes from God, you will not be able to destroy them, you may even find yourselves fighting against God.” – New American Bible.

Acts 5: 38 is one of my key scriptures.  It is one of the scriptures found in my top ten scripture list.  I received the message of this scripture early in 1995.  The person, who gave it to me, gave me the message in a paraphrased form.  It was more than a year later that I found the actual reference.  Below is what I wrote in my journal entry that morning in 1996 when I discovered the actual chapter and verse of the message.

“This morning, I discovered what I believe is the scripture that Peter meant to give me last year.  He had said Acts 6:8 but after a year I did not see Acts 6: 8 as applying to my situation.  I was then in a cross road in my life as I am still today.  But what applies intimately and what I believe he meant to say is:  Acts 5: 38 which in New Jerusalem Bible says:
“If this enterprise, this movement of theirs, is of human origin it will break up of its own accord; but if it does in fact come from God you will not only be unable to destroy them.  Take care not to find yourselves fighting against God...”  (Acts 5: 38)  

I had decided on a new direction for my life which I call the Enterprise.  Where is the origin of the idea of the Enterprise?  If the origin of the Enterprise is human, that is, Avila or myself, then I should forget it.  But if in fact it comes from God, rejoice for it is accomplished.  I had always believed that the origin is from God.  Although the initial idea of the Enterprise came from Avila in 0595, I had no doubt in my mind that Avila was inspired.  Later, when I used my mind and “counted 10 to win,” following  Robert Schuller’s formula, the Enterprise emerged as number one and the most practical solution in my situation.  

Over one year after I received Acts 5: 38, my belief that the Enterprise is from God is stronger today than ever.  My faith in its success is very strong.  If it is from God, it is accomplished.  

Thank you Jesus for Acts 5: 38.  You have strengthened my faith in the Enterprise through it.  I know for certain that you will bring to a successful conclusion what you initiated over a year ago.  Lord, grant me the patience that confirms my faith in you in this project.  I have taken a comprehensive insurance with you with regard to every detail of the project.  Dear Jesus, my Lord, my King and Boss, my best Friend, please take charge.”

Ten years later, today, 2006, where am I with the Enterprise?  My faith has not diminished that this project is from God.  I am working on it everyday.  There have been too many signs of grace to mention during this time.  I live one day at a time and place the future completely in the hands of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2