JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, March 06, 2006

"Remain in me"

“Remain in me”

“I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me, with me in him, bears fruit in plenty; for cut off from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is like a branch that has been thrown away – he withers.” (John 15: 5-6)

What is Jesus saying to me this morning? He is the vine and I am the branch. I am linked to Jesus and I am one with him. The way to bear fruit is to continue to be in Jesus.

What fruits? Spiritual fruits, fulfillment of one’s life purpose, the abundant life that Jesus promises to his followers. This is a remarkable promise. It teaches me that Jesus is an indispensable help to me in life and not a constraint. The deeper I am in him, the more fruitful I become.

How do I remain in Jesus? Jesus himself indicates two means:
  1. “Dwell in my words.”

  2. “Eat my flesh.”
This is the only way to bear fruit in plenty.

Lord, I thank you for your message and your promise this morning. I desire to remain in you and with you in me. Grant me the grace to do this everyday so that I may bear abundant fruit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2