JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Hungry Were Fed

The Hungry Were Fed

“Then Jesus took the five loaves and the two fish, looked up to heaven, and gave thanks to God.  He broke the loaves and gave them to his disciples to distribute to the people.  He also divided the two fish among them all.  Everyone ate and had enough.”  (Mark 6: 41)

Christ fed the multitude with bread and fish.  They all ate and had enough.  But these men and women sought Jesus for the word of life for which they hungered.  How much do I hunger for this word?  Am I prepared to leave everything I am doing to go after this word?  The word has come to me today in the comfort of my home.  A friend once remarked to me that it does seem that Jesus has elected to teach certain people on one to one basis.  

Although the crowd came to Jesus seeking the word of life, he did not neglect their material well-being.  I am invited to an absolute trust in Jesus for the provision of all my needs, whether spiritual or material.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2