JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, June 02, 2006

The Cross and the Wisdom of God

The Cross and the Wisdom of God

“The Son of Man will be handed over to men who will kill him.  Three days later, however, he will rise to life.”  (Mark 9:31)

O Holy Spirit, explain this scripture to me.  I see here God’s plan for our salvation, God’s loving providence for man in full operation.  The cross is God’s wisdom.  Even believers cannot comprehend this without faith.  Why should God save man through the suffering and death of Christ?  Could he not achieve this purpose through some other means?  For the unbeliever, this is rank foolishness, even stupidity.   Yet it had been ordained that Jesus Christ would rise to glory through his passion and death.  This is also the path to glory for every man and woman.

Just as God has a universal plan for our salvation through Christ, he has a particular plan of salvation for me.  if I accept and surrender to God’s wisdom and power, then I can see his plan of salvation for me.   The life of Jesus is the model and blue print for us.   It is a given therefore that my own life will involve deprivation, temptation, joy, sorrow, suffering and glorification.  

Lord Jesus, help me to accept your wisdom and power in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2