JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

What is my cross?

What is my cross?
“Listen, we are going up to Jerusalem where the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law.  They will condemn him to death and then hand him over to the Gentiles, who will mock him, spit on him, whip him, and kill him.; but three days later he will rise to life.”  (Mark 10: 33)

Yesterday I believed and enjoyed Christ’s promise of life in the kingdom:  He who leaves all and follows Jesus “will receive much more in this present  age.”  Whatever was left behind “for  Christ and for the gospel,”  the person will receive a hundred times more.    But with persecutions.  Today Christ elaborated the aspect of this persecution as applied to him:
  • Condemnation to death

  • Handing over to the gentiles

  • Mocking

  • Flogging

  • Crucifixion and death

This is Christ’s cross through which he saved the world.  What is my cross?  If only I could carry one day’s cross at a time, I will surely win.   I regard my cross today as small:  slight health problem and waiting for the fulfillment of Christ’s promise to me.   Jesus did not only foretell his passion and death, he also foretold his resurrection.  Because I trust in Jesus, I can also foretell my victory with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2