JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Zeal for the Kingdom

Zeal for the Kingdom

“What right have you to do these things?  Who gave you this right?”  (Mark 11: 28)

The action that provoked this question was when  Jesus drove out those who bought and sold in the temple.  Why did Jesus take such a radical step?  “It is written in the scriptures that God said, ‘My temple will be called a house of prayer for the people of all nations?’  but you have turned it into a hideout for thieves!”  (Mark 11: 15 – 18)

I am reminded of the scripture:  “Zeal for your house has consumed me.”  Jesus acted out of zeal for the house of God.  

Am I consumed with zeal for the kingdom of God?  Am I prepared to act on behalf of the kingdom even if the action is risky?  Do I yearn t o see the kingdom of God established in men’s affairs and everywhere?  How much risk am I prepared to run today for the kingdom?

Lord Jesus, grant me a burning zeal for your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2