JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Sacred and the Permanent

The Sacred and the Permanent

“You see these great buildings?  Not a single stone here will be left in its place; everyone of them will be thrown down.”  (Mark 13: 2)

I see here a message on how to view the material world.  I need to see the difference between the eternal, the temporal and transient.  Just as the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed at God’s pre-ordained time, so also will the material world vanish at the appointed time.

When I am in downtown Houston on  Smith Street, like the apostles, I admire the “wonderful stones and buildings.”  When I do it today, I will ask God to lift my mind to what is permanent and enduring.  

What do I know today that is permanent and enduring?  I can think of Jesus Christ, who was, who is and who shall ever be.  He is the Alpha and Omega.

I thank you Jesus for this light.  Grant me the grace to grow in the awareness of the sacred, the divine and the permanent.  May I become more aware of your presence in my life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2