JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Scholarship

Scholarship

“I have opened in front of you a door that no one will be able to close.” (Revelations 3: 8)

In 1996, I confided the following to my journal:

“Last night I dreamt that my name was included in a scholarship list. One of my guarantors is Emma Obidozie. I had filled the form long ago and did not even remember it. How do I interpret this dream? Does it have a message or is it a dream like any other dream? Is it of the class of the Jesus Name dream?

I proceeded to interpret it thus:

What is a scholarship? An educational grant for study.

Why scholarship for me? Because of my intense desire to study Christology: the Person and the work of Christ. I see my mission as learning and communicating this knowledge.

This simple interpretation satisfied me. The dream is a message that God will open a door for me to study Jesus Christ and his mission. Scholarship symbolizes the open door. My name on the list signifies that God has approved me for the program. All that I need today is faith and patience. This interpretation made me very happy.” That was ten years ago.

On the 16th of September, almost ten years to the day I had the dream, I was one of many catechists who received full certification as catechists in the Archdiocese of Houston-Galveston. On that day, Archbishop Daniel Dinardo gave me my certificate. Prior to this day, I had received scholarship to study for the Formation Towards Christian Ministry. This year, I have received two scholarships to participate in the Liturgical Conference in Austin, Texas and the Beginnings and Beyond Workshop in Houston, Texas.

God is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2