JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Anointing

Anointing

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me. He has sent me to bring glad tidings to the lowly, to heal the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and release to the prisoners, to announce a year of favor from the Lord and day of vindication from our God.” (Isaiah 61: 1 – 2).

O Holy Spirit, I believe that you are within me.
What have you anointed me for?
Who are the captives that you want me to proclaim liberty to?
Who are the prisoners that you want me to help release?
To whom shall I announce a year of favor from the Lord?
In short, O Holy Spirit, what are you preparing me for? What mission?

Can I learn anything from the lives of Christ, Peter, Paul, Ignatius, Louis de Monfort and Josemaria with regard to these questions? All are men anointed by the Lord and given specific mission. Their mission was revealed to them step by step over a long period

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2