JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What are my heart's desires?

What do you desire?

“Put your trust in Yahweh and do right; make your home in the land and live secure. Make Yahweh your joy and he will give you your heart’s desires.” (Psalm 37: 3 – 4)

If I make Yahweh my joy, he gives me my heart’s desires. How do I make Yahweh my joy? I remember Matthew 6: 33 which says “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides.” I make Yahweh my joy by desiring what Yahweh desires, that is, the establishment of his kingdom. Yahweh is my joy if I know his mind and do what he requires of me today.

To make Yahweh my joy is to make his will my food. Psalm 37 promises that if I do this, Yahweh will grant my heart’s desires

· To know the mind of Christ

· To love Jesus with all my heart

· To serve him with all my time, talent and treasure.

· To enjoy his peace, provision and protection

“Put your trust in Yahweh and do right; make your home in the land and live secure. Make Yahweh your joy and he will give you your heart’s desires.” (Psalm 37: 3 – 4)

“Commit your destiny to Yahweh, be confident in him, and he will act.” (Psalm 37: 5)

“Stay quiet before Yahweh, wait longingly for him.” (Psalm 37: 7)

“The lives of the just are in Yahweh’s care, their birthright will endure forever.” (Ps 37: 18)

“Now I am old, but ever since my youth I never saw an upright person abandoned, or the descendants of the upright forced to beg their bread.” (Psalm 37: 25)

“Put your hope in Yahweh, keep to his path, he will raise you up to make the land your own.” (Psalm 37: 34)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2