JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, September 08, 2006

I waited; I waited

I waited; I waited.

“I waited, I waited for Yahweh, then he stooped to me and heard my cry.” (Psalm 40:1)

In 1996, I confided the following reflection in my journal.

“Today, I am waiting for Yahweh to intervene in my circumstances, that is, to help me to get something doing. Something that will be of service to him; something that will give him glory. I see volunteer service as a good start but I am not sure that MAS is a good place for me. I called CRA and obtained an appointment for interview for volunteer work.

In a chat with Isaiah at the library yesterday, he said that all that I need in my situation is patience. He repeated the same idea many times. I saw his words to me as an inspiration.

This morning, Psalm 40, my scripture par excellence confirmed my need for patience. Psalm 40:1 indicates that at times, it may be necessary to wait for a longtime for Yahweh’s intervention. “I waited, I waited for Yahweh.” The good news is that one day he will stoop down to me and answer my prayer. I look at all the answered prayers in my life in the past two years and my heart is filled with joy and hope. I achieved a major breakthrough in the Enterprise in October. With this marvelous act, God “put a fresh song in my mouth.” (Psalm 40: 3) Those who knew of what God did for me were “awestruck at the sight and will put their trust in Yahweh.” It is wonderful. I am resolved with the help of God’s grace to keep steadfast in my winning way, that is, “put my trust in Yahweh.” (Psalm 40: 4)

O Lord my God, may my delight be to do your will. Amen. (Psalm 40:4; Psalm 119:57)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2