JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Call and Gifted

"For the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable." (Romans 11: 29) – New Revised Standard Version

"For the gracious gifts of God and his calling are irrevocable." – Revised English Bible

"For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable." – New American Bible

"There is no change of mind on God's part about the gifts he has made or his choice." – New Jerusalem

I shudder when I apply this scripture to myself. I flash back to 1972 when I had a great desire to be a friend and companion of Jesus. I abandoned that dream for many years. About 1992, that dream started slowly but surely to come back to me. Today I want nothing else but to be a friend and companion of Jesus. Certainly God has not revoked his gracious gifts to me or his calling.

My God, I thank you for your faithful love. May your gifts and call to me not be ineffective in Jesus name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2