JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, March 04, 2007

The measure of God’s love

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life." (John 3: 16)

I attended the RCIA catechesis this morning in my church and I learned the following:

"The measure of our love for God is awareness of his love for us." – Liturgy of the Hours

When I ask myself how much aware am I of God's love for me, the answer came back quickly: "Very much." God loves me so much that he gives me his Son in the Eucharist not just every Sunday but every day. The Eucharist is the gift that contains all gifts. It is the whole that makes the fraction irrelevant. I realize that it is God's miraculous grace that gives me the constant desire to receive his Son, Jesus in the Eucharist. The desire does not nor can come from me. I am unable to sustain the desire over time. I cannot create the wherewithal that makes my being before Christ a daily reality. This light has sustained me whenever doubts assail me. Mother Angelica of EWTN says: "Doubts increase our faith when we act according to our beliefs rather than our reasoning."

Thank you so much dear Father for loving me so much. Grant me the grace to respond to your love shown me daily in the Eucharist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2