JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Give

"Give, and there will be gifts for you: a full measure, pressed down, shaken together, and overflowing, will be poured into your lap; because the standard you use will be the standard used for you." (Luke 6: 38)

I discovered only recently that I have the gift of intercessory prayer. A couple of months ago, I attended a weekend workshop called "Call and Gift." During the workshop, participants were encouraged to make an inventory of their gifts. I have known for some time that I love to pray. I love the Mass; I love saying the Rosary. I enjoy communal prayers like the Divine Office. But it never occurred to me to add up all these likings and draw their appropriate conclusion from it: gift. Reviewing my journal entry of 1997, ten years ago, I found that I confided the reflection below on Luke 6: 38.

"What can I give now?

  • Compassion, forgiveness
  • Prayers/Intercession
  • Talent in publishing Christ
  • Time
  • Letter apostolate

Daniel, a captive in Babylon gave to his people at their hour of great need a noble gift. He interceded for them before God. Prayer is the key. I can imitate Daniel."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2