JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Good Shepherd 2

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
In verdant pastures he gives me repose;
Besides restful waters he leads me;
He refreshes my soul.”
(Psalm 23: 1-2)

Where are my green pastures? Since 1992, while still employed by Unilever, I had yearned to do my own thing. The answer to that yearning took many years in coming. Today, I know that my Good Shepherd has answered the prayer. My means of livelihood constitute my green pastures. I use my training and talents in marketing, advertising and information technology. These are areas I received training and experience in paid employment. It may not be all rosy financially but I enjoy using my talents in these areas. Self-employment opens the door for me study Scripture and theology. This is an area I have great interest at the moment. One green pasture leads to another. Self-employment makes it possible for me to be present at the Eucharist more than once a week. This pasture is greener than all the green pastures because the Eucharist is both a banquet and a school for life. Thank you Jesus. The Eucharist is also the “restful waters” where the Lord refreshes my soul time and time again. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2