JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, November 19, 2007

The Chief Shepherd

"When the chief shepherd appears, you will be given the unfading crown of glory." (1 Peter 5: 4)

Jesus Christ is the Chief Shepherd. What are the qualities of Christ, the Shepherd?

"The Lord is my shepherd; I have no want.

In verdant pastures he gives me repose;

Besides restful waters he leads me;

He refreshes my soul." (Psalm 23)


 

Christ the Shepherd provides all that we need for life and protects us from all dangers.

I am also a shepherd of the flock that the Lord has entrusted to me. In Psalm 23, Jesus proposes himself as a model. I am to shepherd my flock as Jesus Christ himself shepherds me. I will take the needs of my flock to the Chief Shepherd who has the resources to satisfy all living things.


 

"In due season, he gives food to all living things. When he opens his hand all are satisfied."

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2