JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Prayer for healing

"Have mercy on me, God, in your goodness; in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense. Thoroughly wash me from my guilt and of my sin cleanse me …. " (Psalm 51: 1-2)

How many times in my life have I used this Psalm of David to find healing and peace at a moment of brokenness? Thank you Holy Spirit for guiding me to this effective prayer at the moment of great need. Yes, God is merciful and good. His compassion is great. He is always disposed to deploy his great compassion and love to meet our needs. The Church uses Psalm 51 a great deal in the holy season of Lent. Lent is a time of favor. When we show signs through our Lenten observances that we want God to act for us, he responds magnanimously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2