JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Cry of a desperate man

"Lord, in your great love, answer me….. I pray to you, O Lord, for the time of your favor, O God! In your great kindness answer me with your constant help. Answer me, O Lord, for bounteous is your kindness; in your great mercy turn toward me." (Psalm 69 …)

This is the cry of a desperate man. This is the cry of a man who knows the God whose favor he is seeking. Look at how he appeals to God: great love, great kindness, bounteous kindness, great mercy. Our problem is that we are like children who do not know their father. If we know God as our Father who has great love, great kindness, bounteous kindness and great mercy for us, what a difference that would make in our prayer. We approach Him with greater confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2