JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, November 06, 2009

Do not be afraid

"Therefore do not be afraid of them…So do not be afraid" (Matthew 10: 26, 31)

Do not fear your persecutor.

Those not to fear:

  • Devil
  • Enemy
  • Boss
  • Friend
  • Priest
  • Thief
  • Judge

Circumstances not to fear:

  • Poverty
  • No job
  • Ill health
  • No money

"The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27: 1-2)

Fear cripples the mind. The fruit of the First Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary is freedom from fear of suffering. In the Garden of Gethsemane, Christ prayed and overcame the fear of suffering. We can do the same in intimidating circumstances and overcome the fear of suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2