JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My yoke is easy and my burden is light


" Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,* and I will give you rest.
 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."  (Matthew 11: 28 - 30)

Lord Jesus, thank you for this beautiful and generous invitation.  I run to you to give me the promised rest from my labors and burdens.  I labor and find nagging questions about my productivity and fruits.  I am burdened by debt and my inadequacies.  You say, 'Take my yoke upon you and learn from me.'  What do you want me to learn from you?  Your meekness and humility of heart?  So this is the price to pay for the promised rest?  I am prepared to pay it but you will help me.  Just as you cover me with your righteousness, give me as an act of mercy and grace a meek and humble heart.  Remember that you promise to give us anything we ask in your name.  I accept your yoke and your burden because I believe that your yoke is easy and your burden light.  I reject the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2