JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, October 12, 2012

And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself


"And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself."  (John 12: 32)

When Christ was lifted up on the cross, He drew back first the disciples who had fled at the moment of His trial.  His passion and death were only the prelude to His Resurrection.  By the time of the Last Supper, His disciples had known that with more or less degree of certainty that He is the Messiah.  That conviction was shattered by the gruesome event of the crucifixion and death.

When Christ rose on the third day as He predicted, the faith of the disciples were born again.
"While meeting with them, he enjoined them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for “the promise of the Father about which you have heard me speak."  (Acts 1: 4).
The coming of the Holy Spirit launched the mustard seed to become the giant tree that draw everyone to Christ.  Today, the Church is over 2 billion people strong.  The Church has not completed its mission until everyone is drawn to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2