JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I live by faith in the Son of God who has loved me and given himself up for me


"Yet I live, no longer I, but Christ lives in me; insofar as I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who has loved me and given himself up for me."  (Galatians 2: 20)

St. Paul has grown spiritually to the level where he can say, I have understood what Jesus is all about.  He likes what he hears.  To walk in the footsteps of Christ is humanly speaking impossible, Paul knows that he could do that with the empowerment that comes from Christ.  We call this grace.

In the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary, we ask for the following graces:

  1. First Mystery - The Agony in the Garden: We ask for the grace to overcome all fears of suffering and to imitate Jesus in using the power of prayer at the moment of crisis.
  2. Second Mystery - The Scourging at the Pillar:  We ask for the grace to accept pains and sufferings.  
  3. Third Mystery - The Crowning with Thorns:  Lord grant us the grace to accept humiliations, insults, contempt and rejections.
  4. Fourth Mystery - Lord help us to discern today the cross you have personally designed for us.  Grant us  the courage to pick it up and follow you.
  5. Fifth Mystery - Jesus dies on the Cross:  We ask for the grace to die completely to ourselves and to accept God's will in our life in every situation.

In every one of the five Sorrowful Mystery, we ask for grace to be like Christ.  What is grace?  Grace is God's free gift or favor.  Grace makes what is impossible, possible; what is difficult,  easy; what is unpleasant, pleasant.  God is the source of all inspiration and power.  God is the source of all grace.  He is always willing and able to give grace.  Now we know the secret of St. Paul in Galatians 2: 20.  St. Paul desired and asked for abundant grace to fulfill his mission and God gave to him lavishly.  May we desire this grace and ask for it in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2