JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, November 02, 2012

If the Lord is my Good Shepherd, then I have everything I need


"The LORD is my shepherd;
there is nothing I lack."  (Psalm 23: 1)

If the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not lack food, clothing, shelter and rest.  In truth, I shall have everything I need.  What is my experience?  My good shepherd has provided all that I need beyond my wildest expectations.

My Good Shepherd says to me:  "Fear is useless; what is needed is trust."  (Luke 8:50)  He also says to me:  "But seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides."  (Matthew 6: 33)  It grieves my heart that although not a single word of His promises has failed me, I still fear, worry and doubt.

"Why are you downcast, my soul;
why do you groan within me?
Wait for God, for I shall again praise him,
my savior and my God."  (Psalm 42: 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2