JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, January 03, 2013

God is not ashamed to call me a son


"Beloved, we are God’s children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed. We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."  (1 John 3:2)

The  Holy Spirit declares in the above scripture that here and now, I am a child of God.  Do I believe this?  Yes, I do.  Do I live the implication of this astounding declaration always and everywhere?  Not always and everywhere but  I am learning.  All the truth I need to live my filial adoption are contained in the Our Father, the Lord's Prayer.  God who is not ashamed to call me His son gave me a Brother in His Son Jesus Christ who is not ashamed to call me a brother.

Father thank you for adopting me as your son.  Jesus Christ, thank you for not being ashamed to call me your brother.  Grant me the  grace to embrace my  weaknesses so that I can return love for love.

"When his parents saw him, they were astonished, and his mother said to him, “Son, why have you done this to us? Your father and I have been looking for you with great anxiety.” (Luke 2: 48)
Consider this:  Jess Christ is not ashamed to call Mary His Mother.

My mood and every other thing is determined by my faith.  I am upbeat today.  Why? God says to me today: You are my son.  Jesus Christ says to me: You are my brother. Both Father and Son say to me:  We are not ashamed of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2