JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Believe and Grow

John 20:27 
"Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.”

Inspired by the words of Christ to Thomas, I choose to exercise my faith today.
 *I believe in prayer
 *I believe in the word of God
 *I believe in miracle
 *I believe in the real presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament
 *I believe in the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist
 *I believe in the divine providence

 I leave the rest to God

 Below is part commentary of John Gills Exposition on John 20:27

 "and be not faithless, but believing; in which words Christ dissuades him from unbelief, which is very evil in its own nature, and in its effects; it is the root of all evil; it unfits for duty, and renders the word unprofitable, and leads men off from Christ; and is the more aggravated in the people of God, by the instances, declarations, and promises of grace, and discoveries of love made unto them: and he also encourages him to believe. The exercise of the grace of faith is well pleasing to Christ; it gives glory to him, and makes for the soul's comfort; and a word from Christ, his power going along with it, will enable men to believe, as it did Thomas; which appears by what follows."

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2