JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Storms are blessings in disguise

"Suddenly a violent storm came up on the sea, so that the boat was being swamped by waves; but he was asleep.
They came and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us!* We are perishing!”
He said to them, “Why are you terrified, O you of little faith?”  Then he got up, rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was great calm."  (Matthew 8: 24 - 26)

Were are the storms in your life today? Family, Health, Finances, Job, Property orTools?  Or have you nothing to worry about but your future?

All storms are sanctioned by God's Providence; so they are blessings and more often than not blessings in disguise.

"Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials,
for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
And let perseverance be perfect, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."  (James 1: 2 - 4)

Storm times are exam times.  Where do you place your trust?  Who is the first person you call upon to help you?

"My foes treat me harshly all the day;
yes, many are my attackers.
O Most High,
when I am afraid,
in you I place my trust.
I praise the word of God;
I trust in God, I do not fear.
What can mere flesh do to me?"  (Psalm 56: 3 - 5)

The whole of sacred scripture teaches one lesson:  Love God with all your heart and put Him first in everything.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides.
Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil."  (Matthew 6: 33 -34)

When we put God and His interests first in our affairs, we experience a state that can be described as "No fear, No Worry, No Doubt."   Because Jesus Himself has promised that:
"Fear is useless; what is needed is trust."  (Luke 8: 50, Mark 5: 36)

As we open our hearts and minds to the word of God with confident trust, we experience the power of faith to rule the furious storms that arise in our lives.

"Do not fear: I am with you;
do not be anxious: I am your God.
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."  (Isaiah 41: 10)

Do you believe that the above word is true and applies to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2