JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I will be with you

"But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”
God answered: I will be with you; and this will be your sign that I have sent you. When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will serve God at this mountain."  (Exodus 3: 11 - 12)

If God is with you, then it is accomplished.

"Do not fear: I am with you;
do not be anxious: I am your God.
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."  (Isaiah 41: 10)

Awareness of the presence of God in you, with you and around you drives our fear, worry and doubt.  If this is true and it is, we must do everything to cultivate this awareness.  One of the ways to cultivate this constant awareness of the presence of God is Centering Prayer.

Below are two interesting comments on the promise of God to be with His elect in Exodus 3: 11 - 12:
"And he said, certainly I will be with theeTo encourage and strengthen him; to protect, defend, and preserve him, and to succeed and prosper him; to give him credit and respect with the people of Israel, and influence over Pharaoh to prevail upon him at length to let Israel go:"  Ex 3: 12 (John Gills Exposition)
" God answers this objection, v. 12. 1. He promises him his presence: Certainly I will be with thee, and that is enough. Note, Those that are weak in themselves may yet do wonders, being strong in the Lord and in the power of his might; and those that are most diffident of themselves may be most confident in God. God’s presence puts an honour upon the worthless, wisdom and strength into the weak and foolish, makes the greatest difficulties dwindle to nothing, and is enough to answer all objections."   Ex 3: 12 (Matthew Henry Commentary)



No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2