JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Turn to God in your need

"But here I am miserable and in pain;
let your saving help protect me, God,
That I may praise God’s name in song
and glorify it with thanksgiving.
That will please the LORD more than oxen,
more than bulls with horns and hooves:
“See, you lowly ones, and be glad;
you who seek God, take heart!s
For the LORD hears the poor,
and does not spurn those in bondage."  (Psalm 69 29 -34)

Turn to God in your need and you will live.  My God, as I turn to you today in my need, I come to realize again that my most profound need is not more money, more health, more house, more food, more toys, more job, more family.  My greatest need is to trust in your presence in me and with me.  Let the constant awareness of your presence drive out fear, worry and doubt.  I want to trust strongly your word and your promises.  Fill my heart and my lips always with constant praise and thanksgiving to you, O Lord my God.

"Offer praise as your sacrifice to God;
fulfill your vows to the Most High.
Then call on me on the day of distress;
I will rescue you, and you shall honor me.”  (Psalm 50: 14 - 15)

"Those who offer praise as a sacrifice honor me;
I will let him whose way is steadfast
look upon the salvation of God.”  (Psalm 50: 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2