JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Do you still not understand?

"When he became aware of this he said to them, “Why do you conclude that it is because you have no bread? Do you not yet understand or comprehend? Are your hearts hardened?"  (Mark 8: 17)

What do I need to understand and remember today about Jesus that will enhance my faith?
First, whenever I remember the wonderful things Jesus has done for me, my faith is boosted.  When I understand that Jesus did these awesome things for me because He loves me and also because He is sending a signal through His actions, I become not just full of trust but even courageous as I confront the world.

Memory and understanding are important abilities in the life of faith.  Every believer has the responsibility to develop these two faculties.  I keep a daily journal of  events in my life.  I guess that these journals capture 90% or more of significant events.  The act of writing helps memory.  But how often do I forget the wonderful things God does for me.  If it were not for the work of the Holy Spirit, I will remember so little of these amazing things.  My faith in God today is in direct proportion to my awareness of what God is doing in my life.  For this, I owe all the thanks to the Holy Spirit who reminds me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2